Facilities and Administrative Costs (F&A) are also known as indirect costs. KU is reimbursed for the use of our infrastructure for sponsored projects, a portion of which is returned to the PI and department or unit. Financial Reporting Services creates a F&A rate proposal, which is negotiated with the Department of Health & Human Services, Cost Allocation Services, Dallas Region. This negotiation applies to all Federally-sponsored projects as well as other sponsors. Projects funded by industry have a special rate based upon KU’s negotiated rate.
- F & A Rate Agreement dated March 22, 2016, Effective Fiscal Year 2015
- F & A Rate Agreement dated March 1, 2012, Effective Fiscal Year 2011
- F & A Rate Agreement dated June 6, 2007, Effective Fiscal Year 2007
- F & A Rate Agreement dated March 19, 2003
- Research Administration 101 F & A Presentation
- Overview of F & A Processing